Friday, August 22, 2014

How Difficult It Is



Yesterday, along with my sister, mother and sister-in-love, we met with my brother, Bill’s, oncologist this afternoon. A couple weeks ago, he let us all know that he has Stage 4 lung cancer, meaning his cancer is in both lungs, lymph nodes and other parts of his body. It was really hard for him to tell everybody. Now, today, we listened to his new oncologist (previous oncologist was not in his insurance network) tell us the prognosis. Really difficult hearing it from a doctor, especially when my brother is sitting there in front of me, full of life and the doctor says six to twelve months. The doctor said he looked good and that would help a lot.

But, Bill did his homework, he is on a very strict (and expensive) raw diet. He feels this will kill or starve the cancer cells. Dr. Stephenson has no problem with this program, but, wants him to start the chemo treatments immediately, there will be two rounds with three weeks between the rounds, then a scan to see what the cancer tumors are doing, hopefully, not growing, or, better yet, shrinking.

Bill wants to visit his sons in Houston between the treatments, Dr. Stephenson said not a problem, all the side affects of treatments years ago are no longer an issue. There is medication to counteract them.

Bill has a positive attitude about this journey, he feels he will beat this “mountain”. He has the faith God gave him to rebuke and move the mountain. He says he is in a win / win situation - either the cancer disappears or he gets his healing divinely in heaven. I have placed him in God’s hands, praying for manifestation of Bill’s healing. I know we all have to go some time when our work here on earth is done.

I’m praying for God’s will and Bill’s strength through this journey.

My sister called to tell me bad news about our mother and has called for a “sibling meeting” this evening. I’ll post more about that later.

I know the Lord will not allow more on me than I can handle, I can do all things through God who strengthens me.



He’s brought me through a lot and I suppose will a lot more.



Bless Y’all.



Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment