September 11, 2014
Good Thursday morning, everybody.
I know this is a solemn day, remembering the tragedy that occurred 13 years ago from today. We must pray for the families who are visiting the grave sites of their lost loved ones as well as the families who have not been able to bring closure due to their family member’s body never being found. I cannot imagine the pain they are feeling.
As an update to my mother’s health, Monday night, she was taken to a Hospice house in Anderson, SC where they have tried to manage her pain with morphine and Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I don’t understand why, but one of my brothers told them not to administer the latter two to her. My sister went along with it.
Anyway, my sister said this morning, Mom has not had any morphine since 8 30 last night, is pain free, is awake and talking! That is wonderful news! It may mean that she will be going home and having home hospice service, I’ll be talking to my sister about that later when I go down there.
I always thought I would never be involved in any form of hard feelings when a loved one, especially a parent, is dying. I guess I just never realized how vulnerable and raw are feelings are in those times. And, the issue I’m having is such a tiny thing! Well, I took it to the Lord, He reminded me that battles are not ours, but His. So, I need to not pick it up and carry it around with me, let Him handle it. A dear friend told me of a technique she read in a book she is reading- breathe in Jesus, breathe out the anger; breathe in His love, breathe out the hurt. Just continue doing this. I jokingly told her that I hoped I did not hyperventilate!
This will be short this morning, a good friend is going to the hospice house with me and she will be here soon.
Love to you all, and,
Blessings,
Kathryn
No comments:
Post a Comment