My blogging has started off on anything but a happy start. I am hoping it will take a pleasant turn.
Last evening, a sweet friend decided I needed a cheerful time, she invited me out to dinner, anywhere I wanted to go. I chose my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Molcajete, I always order from the vegetarian section and get the same thing every time I go. It has spinach and cheese and I choose refried beans instead of rice. And, for dessert, had the most delicious fried ice cream with toppings in a tortilla bowl. I was so full walking out of there but, it was oh so good.
Her company is always uplifting, she is a wonderful sister in Christ. I was telling her that I don’t have many close friends (she is one of them), but the ones I do have are always there for me, as I am for them, and they always keep me on track. Everybody needs friends like that.
We talked about what the Lord may have in store for us whether it is something we want or not. Where ever He takes us, we will be happy there. I am hoping He is taking me back to Florida, but if not, as Paul said, I will be content where I am.
One of my sweet little pups gave me a real scare about an hour ago - I think she tried to swallow too much saltines at one time and it got stuck in her throat. I thought for sure I had lost her, but she slowly started coming around. No more saltines as treats for them. I never want to lose my babies, I know I will, but two days after Mom’s passing is too soon for me. But, all’s well.
I believe the rain has passed for a while, hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to cut the grass in the front yard. And, I can work on step two of a fireplace project I am working on. I’ll have pictures once I’m finished. Sorry to keep you waiting.
I hope you have a blessed time until we get together again.
As I am journeying through a new phase in my life, I hope you enjoy tagging along.
Retirement is all I had hoped it would be and even more.
If you are not retired, please feel free to pretend and journey along with me.
Blessings,
Kathryn
No comments:
Post a Comment